ANST - How important is fighting?

Amberglyph at aol.com Amberglyph at aol.com
Sun Jul 5 19:13:48 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/1/98 2:12:28 PM Central Daylight Time, russmax at cowboy.net
writes:

<< . However, I do think that, in the future, heavy and light
 combat within the SCA will gradually wane in importance. In fact, this
 is already happening.

	As long as we choose our monarchs in trial by combat, fighting will remain
the essential heart of the SCA.  And I, for one, have no interest is changing
this.
	Yes, thousands of other people, costumers, calligraphers, heralds, smiths,
and dozens of others, contribute to the game as we know it, but we started as
a tournament.  Compare the attendance at any of the specialized "arts" events
such as a heraldry symposium, or Kingdom A & S with one of the big tourneys
like Steppes Warlord, and then tell me interest in fighting is waning.

HL Oriana Corbizzi