ANST - Boffer for kids

Maleah Farasha Raushana bint Abdullah maleah at swbell.net
Thu Jul 2 21:20:27 PDT 1998

As a parent with two teens I say, YES, YES, YES. When my children and I
first joined 14 years ago boffer fighting was a regular part of many
events and was run along the lines outlined by Sir Deitrich. A parent
was required at the list field but no armour was required. When it was
withdrawn we were told it was because "the SCA insurance would not cover
minors in a contact sport" and they were worried about law suits.
Sitting on teens until they are old enough to fight and trying to keep
them interested with other activities is nigh on impossible when their
interest is the fighting (I now have one who is 23 and went through this
very thing with him).
        Add my name to your list of absolutely yeses, Deiter and let me
know
what I can do to help.

Hasheika Maleah
Barony of Namron