ANST - Giving Awards to SCA Youth

Sandy M Koenig ravensmk at juno.com
Tue Jul 7 02:49:55 PDT 1998

>There is no garrantee that a person will continue in the SCA after
>recieving
>an award.

I agree.  It doesn't make any difference how old the person is, they
could still split after a month of getting their award.  Everyone should
be recognized for what they are doing now, not what they might be doing
six months from now.  And yes, all high school kids have things to do.  I
know I did and had I known about the SCA back then, would have tried to
go to things, but I didn't so
  I was enjoying Band and Star Trek conventions.

even if a teenager splits for a  while to do high school stuff, if he/she
received recognition for a job well done, there is always that
possibility of them coming back after high school is over.  Think about
that.

raven