ANST - Webs and Chronicles and Cash

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 10:46:19 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Pug posted:
>  The Virtual Scribes' Handbook can currently be found at:
>
>http://southern.ansteorra.org/vscribe.html

I looked over the site--nice work, Pug, as always--and I was reminded of
a point of confusion from many years ago (man, when I go off on a
tangent I...oh, wait, that's another tangent).

I remember once--way back when I was a landed baron a billion miles from
here--we had a little temporary financial difficulty with our
newsletter.  Our chronicler--an enterprising youngster--decided to take
matters into her own hands.  She arranged for the local Tandy Leather
store to run an ad with us.  Of course, the Kingdom Chronicler
immediately informed us that she was *not* allowed to do that.  We found
other ways to address our problem, but I had intended to look into that
bizarre regulation when time allowed.  Then I forgot.

Now, Pug's publication of the Virtual Scribe's handbook tells me:

Since paid and non-paid advertisements are not allowed, direct links to
merchants, companies, etc., are not permitted. A careful inspection of
websites requested to be linked up should be made to help ensure that
they are not a merchant nor attempting to avoid this limitation in any
manner.

Well, I thought, I wonder if this is an outgrowth of the same old rule?
So I checked the Ansteorra Kingdom Chronicler's Handbook and found this:

Monitoring of Local Branch Newsletters--Innapropriate Inclusions: