ANST - natural dyeing ... reds & purples

kevon at corridor.net kevon at corridor.net
Wed Jul 1 06:46:22 PDT 1998

I too have heard of this.  I believe it was a snail that was found in
the med somewhere.  It was told to me that it took an ungodly number
of these snails (the number 10,000 comes to mind) to produce even an
ounce of dye.  I would be interested in knowing more about this if
anyone has information.  If memory serves I got my info from HL Anne
Harper (Bjornsborg)