ANST - Appearance of Fighters

Maleah Farasha Raushana bint Abdullah maleah at swbell.net
Thu Jul 2 01:05:36 PDT 1998

As a chirurgeon I have to put my two cents in on this one. I too would
like to see those of us who have been around a while make a better
attempt at covering the mundanities in armour BUT the thought of full
plate at an Ansteorran summer tourney is enough to make me run screaming
into the woods. I love all my fighter friends but it is hard enough to
keep you stubborn folk hydrated and out of heat stroke as it is. As a
seamstress I'll put my money where my mouth is, if you are a new fighter
or even an older fighter needing assistance in spiffing your appearance
I am willing to help you put together the clothing to do so. I do
understand "on the field repairs" but I too have noticed a decline in
the appearance of some of our longer term fighters. If a few ounces of
cloth or an extra piece of armour slows you down or takes off your edge
might you not use that as an incentive to practice and improve instead
of downgrading to a lesser standard???? No offense intended here to
anyone, just offers of help, opinions (everyone has one) and maybe a
nudge or two up the ladder to that elusive goal of creating that
"special moment" for us all.

Hasheika Maleah
Barony of Namron