ANST - Giving Awards to SCA Youth

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Fri Jul 3 17:18:43 PDT 1998

>The problem, however is bigger than a group sometimes.  Like, hypothetically
>speaking, of course:-), whena kingdom seneschal tells you don't bother
putting
>them in for an award, they are too young in his opinion.

The hypothetical kingdom seneschal doesn't give hypothetical or real award
approval - that comes from the Crown alone.  The Crown decides, and has the
final word.

If you aren't certain, call the Crown direct and ask them about Their
philosophy about kids and awards - I've never heard of a Crown
discriminating against children that have earned an award getting one.

By the way, the hypothetical kingdom seneschal should read the scroll texts
- nowhere does it say "for individuals over 18 only".  They mention the
work done only!

Send in your award recommendations for those kids who are worthy!  If
they've done the work for an AoA, send it in.  If they've done tons of
service for your group and for the kingdom, recommend them for a Sable
Crane or a Sable Comet.  If they've shown good skill in an art, put them in
for a Sable Thistle.  And, if your children already have those awards and
are still working, recommend them for Stars of Merit and Irises!

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)