ANST - Home-grown dye palnts

sabella sabella at gte.net
Sat Jul 4 05:12:26 PDT 1998

dunno if anyone brought this one up...but poke berries, that grow on the side of
many roads....a weed, by any other name makes a lovely dark pinkish purplish
dye....used to make a natural ink out of it....
mordants can be vinegar, alum or urea.....urea comes in big bags, from chemical
supply houses.  some recently said it was used some something inpools,, dunno,
don't have a pool.
sabella