ANST - Re: Kids with Boffers

Deborah and Robert Wade dwade at ballistic.com
Sun Jul 5 17:17:29 PDT 1998

>>If there is a real danger of parents suing and winning, why hasn't
>>this slowed
>>down football, martial arts, boxing, rugby, etc?

The thing to remember here is that the children are competing with children
of the same age.  The adults are there in a supervisory role and not
competing against them.

>Again, I think there is just so much fear of a lawsuit, that the BOD and
>other officials don't want to take any chances.

I agree with the feeling that there is too much fear of a lawsuit, but the
fear is present because of our current society which is "lawsuit crazy."
Believe me I know first hand.

Rhiannon