ANST - Re: Kids with Boffers

K Drennan wrenne at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 8 16:56:08 PDT 1998

I know this is probably a very late response to this post but I have to
agree 100% with the idea of creating some type of Boffer toruney or
activity for the younger ones.  My nephew (14) came home after his first
event about a year ago, and made a boffer sword and sheild and really
expected to be able to use them.  He was to say the least very
dissapointed when everyone he asked to show him stuff about fighting
said that they didn't think that he should even bring it to events
because "we" didn't do that here...  He often asks me before an event
will there be a boffer tourney for kids at this event?
I hate to think of the wasted opportunity to instill an interest in
history we are passing up by not letting our kids be as involved in this
game as we are....After all it is supposed to be educational..... isn't
it??

If I can help in any way to get this idea off the ground, let me know.
You can email me directly. kdrennan at yahoo.com

Wrenne Blackthorne
Bryn Gwlad/Ffynnon Gath