ANST - Champion of Glaslyn

barbara at mail.topher.net barbara at mail.topher.net
Mon Jul 27 10:19:07 PDT 1998

    Estrill:

     I would plead with your group or any other newer group to *NOT* go the
     route of champion/defender/protector/guardian/whatever swiss 5/double
     elim/best 2 of 3 tournament. Instead I would suggest that a more
     period tournament be considered, for example, a pass d'armes or a
     ransom tournament. The modern tournaments get really boring after a
     while, and as well, your group gets stuck with doing the same old
     thing over and over and over again

While this may seem true, in The Shire Formally Known as Black Oak
Keep we *always* left it up to the current Champion and Cavalier to
pick the style of list, and the invariably chose to do Bear Pits.  Go
figure.  You would think they would want variety.

Alys.
(formally known as Aelfric, or just Barbara to everyone that Gunthar
introduces me to)