ANST - Additions to the list guidelines...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Jun 2 05:49:36 PDT 1998

Good Morning,

  The following are the additions that I am planning on making to the
  list guidelines. If you would like to make constructive criticism,
  please do. I even admit that I have definately been guilty of the
  first item, and probably the second, in the past.

----
  o While it is great to give someone word fame for their actions or
    words, it is inappropriate to mention that they should receive an
    award or to question why they have been denied an award.

  o If you wish to call someone to task for an action they commited,
    talk to the individual or those who know them. Do not try to use
    public humilation to motivate them into action.

  o Do not spread "ugly" rumors here. Even if you think you know it with
    100% certainty, do not bring it here as it is inappropriate.

  o Do not mention or insinuate that someone has performed an illegal
    act that they have not been commited for. It is up to the courts to
    decide if they are guilty or not. Wait for their decision.

  o If there is an investigation or trial going on, do not mention it
    here or ask for help regarding it *unless* you are acting with the
    courts permission and/or authority. (ie. investigating officer,
    prosecuting or defending attorney, etc) If you are acting with the
    courts authority, simply ask for those who know them to contact
    you. Do not state what the suspected charges are.

  Note2: These guidelines are not to keep you from trying to warn
  individuals regarding others of questionable nature. They are to protect
  us from those with less accurate information and from mob mentality.
----

Ciao,