ANST - King's College?

AuroraeB at aol.com AuroraeB at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 10:42:46 PDT 1998

<< Raven wrote:
 > I don't have internet access.

 I guess you send e-mail by laying your hands on a phone line
 and sending telepathic commands to specially-trained
 electrons?  And read e-mail using radio broadcast to your
 fillings?

 You have Internet access.  Maybe e-mail only, but if you can
 send e-mail to me, we're on the same network(s), and the
 network is called the Internet. >>

I dont see the reason for a sarcastic answer
here...............................

Why even include the bit about telepathic commands and receiving broadcast
through fillings?  Unless it was supposed to be humor.

The woman has e-mail only.  She has NO access to webpages/homepages/websites,
or whatever you want to call them.  Therefore if a calendar of events or event
flyer were to be posted on a homepage, she would not have access to it.

Not all of us are as computer savvy as to know the difference between all the
techie terms.  She perceived the internet to be where you go to websites, she
cannot do that, so she didn't think she had internet access.

In using sarcasm, there is a FINE line between humorous and hateful.  Online,
you cannot see the persons face, so you cannot tell whether or not they are
smiling or sneering.

But, I think we have been there on this list before.........................

Tracy