ANST - Internet Access

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Thu Jun 4 21:40:24 PDT 1998

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Dennis and Dory Grace
<amazing at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Sorry, but this is an incorrect use of terminology.

Well, now we slog into the prescriptionist / descriptionist
tar pit: is there a set of Correct Definitions, or do words
mean whatever people mean by them?  I'll take a firm stand:
I'll say "yes" and avoid the whole argument.

Just be aware that computer networking (avoiding the I-word)
has the Web, and e-mail, and FTP (File Transfer Protocol),
and TCP/IP, and Usenet, and chat, and MUDs (Multi-User
Dungeons), and surviving remnants like Archie and Gopher,
and ...

Daniel "glug glug glug" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;