ANST - Pun Taxes - (was: Lame Humor?)

Frank D. Jurgens jurgens at ghg.net
Fri Jun 5 15:05:38 PDT 1998

Greetings to all and Sundry Punsters

I feel the need to inform you, should you venture to the Barony of Loch
Soilleir, that I have instituted Pun Taxes.  Proceeds of which will enhance
the general revenue of Loch Soilleir (taxes to be collected as some event
to be determined).  The current levy is one quarter of a dollar per pun.
This may be increased at the Baron's discretion if the pun is REALLY bad.

In a previous message, Aquilanne execssively punned the following:

> OK. I've been reading this chain of mail, and it would seem it is time
for
> someone else to sallet in and take the helm. Of torse, I wouldn't
normally
> be so presumtious as to dis-mantle such a punnish forray, but perhaps we
> should make a tasset agreement to harness this power for good. If,
however,
> this should in-cuisse, vambrace yourself because I'd feel obliged to
throw
> down the gauntlet. You may ask, with a nasal whine, 'why throw out the
baby
> with the bascinet?' Well, I ain't poleyn your leg, should this wave of
> silliness crest, be prepared to be pommelled, 'cause armet just go sark
> raving mad!

Using this as an example it would have cost the punster at least four
dollars, had the punning occured in Loch Soilleir (within my hearing;  If I
don't hear it, I don't tax it).

Warmest Regards

Leofric
Baron of Loch Soilleir