ANST - per request: 101 uses for road kill (was: yet another use for a dead horse ...).

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Jun 5 22:45:43 PDT 1998

On 5 Jun 98, at 23:42, Laury Torrence wrote:

> didn't realize what a can of worms the "dead horse" comment opened!  Maybe
> we should change the title of this string as well!  My vote is for
> "Roadkill and it's uses!?"  Whatcha think?  Of course you could all go for
> the next obvious funny I put in here................if you don't get it,
> forget it! Caterina >

when motorcycling - especially in the west, rattlesnakes are prone to hanging out on
the asphalt - especially when cool.  if you happen to run over one, stop, remove it's
head and gut it, and you have dinner / breakfast (and a skin if you were careful about
running over it ..).  and before anyone mentions it, it does *not* taste like chicken, it
tastes like snake ... and not bad at all.

question, is snake a period food? (g)

have a riding brother who self and his bike up north that was almost turned into roadkill
by a elk that walked in front of him outside of boulder.  last couple years i've been up
that way, treated to tasty bits of that elk ... he would'nt let himself or bike be loaded
into the equipment truck until the elk was loaded ... his logic - totaled his ride and
almost totaled him, so he was going to eat it ... sounds logical to me.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves