ANST - Garage Sale with SCA Goodies

Jan Nowlan nowlanj at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 8 08:45:21 PDT 1998

Sounds very tempting.........Since the dates you specified are Thurs. & Fri.
any idea of the times?

TIA
Muirgein

You Wrote:

Hi, All.  Sorry for the crass commercial announcement, but for those of you
around the Steppes area, there is a gigantic Garage Sale scheduled for June
18 and 19 at Temple Shalom, located at (roughly) Hillcrest and Astra.

I was able to do some pre-shopping today, as I will be at Lillies on the
scheduled days, and there are a LOT of SCA-friendly items!  Of especialy
note are rolls and bolts of fabric, a lot of brocades, some beige velvet,
cottons.  There is a box of trims, some of which are SCA-appropriate
because I donated them (I'd rather embroider knotwork than sew on trim,
I've decided), and at least two boxes with garb-length chunks of cotton,
wool, and silk plaid.

Unless they get some more, there will not be any of the oriental-style rugs
that so many SCA people use in their pavilions, because I snapped up the
six they had today.  I also snagged the roll of thai silk.  People are
bringing things daily, so there may be more on the assigned dates.  I saw
also a lot of belts, boots, bags, baskets, picture frames, books, a
heavy-gauge stewpot, and other useful items.  I was mostly busy in
clothing, didn't get to see everything, and there will be more before the
18th of June.

Time to rest my feet, and finish some handwork on Lillies garb,

                                        ---= Morgan

Secretary to:  Lanese Turner   / Dan Gutridge
Data Warehouse Solutions / BISD
8/522-55702 OR (817) 962-5702
Fax:  (817) 962-5677
nowlanj at us.ibm.com