ANST - Re:vinting.

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Mon Jun 8 14:08:15 PDT 1998

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 12:29:38 -0500 (CDT) "Pug Bainter" <pug at pug.net>
writes:
>Alan J. Boertjens said something that sounded like:
>> I thought that "champagne" was strictly used for wine that comes
>> from the geographical area of Champagne.  So if one makes a
>> sparkling wine and they didn't make it IN Champagne, then it
>> technically isn't "champagne".
>
>Although I think this is the original definition, due to the number of
>California wineries it's been expanded to include those made with the
>right strain of grape and yeast.
>

>Phelim "Pug" Gervase

It is a similar case to calling all facial tissue "Kleenex" though that
is abrand name for one specific item. Same goes for Ansprin. Champagne is
originally named for the area in France where is was produced, but as
most of us Americans have done, we call anything similar to it champagne
as well.

Good example is here in Ansteorra. "Get me a Coke." "what kind? we got
mr.pibb, pepsi, orange, etc"

Scott Waggoner
Mayne de la Croix --- The original MiB
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra