ANST - Landed Nobility...

Laury Torrence J-LTorrence at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 9 18:09:17 PDT 1998

----------
>Pug said something that sounded like:
"Or maybe I'm just being naive and idealistic again."

Could be!  But I don't think so!!

>Comment:
> I think part of this question is when a group is sad to see someone step
> down, does the "group" expect the next people to live up to and behave
> the way the previous Landed Nobility did? The same expectations could
> hold over for the opposite side of the popularity fence as well.

Reply:
Actually my previous answer covers this too.....it doesn't necessarily have to
do with popularity issues.  No one can "live up to" the previous Landeds!  If
this were the case there would be stagnation in the group.  Change, whether
of Nobles or Crown for that matter, is a dynamic.

>Comment:
 > Although I know that this can and does happen, I was wondering more about
> the day in day out functioning of the group. Do they take leading roles
> in the business meetings, event plans, etc?

Reply:
The original question, and this one really refer back (in a roundabout way) to your
very first question.  When you have strong officers, your job is easier.  In reality
the Seneschal is the workhorse of the group, the Nobles have (if they wish to do so)
a pro-active roll.  There are some who prefer to be more the "figurehead" types, and
not be the ones directly responsible for the day-to-day decisions of the group.  There
are some you wouldn't want to!!  Then there are those who ENJOY (god help them)
getting in there and dealing with the littlest details.  As with any organization where
participation is optional, they have as much (or as little) to do as any of us.

Comment:
> Thanks a lot!

Reply:
You are most welcome!