ANST - Period Paste and Glue

Jax jax at onr.com
Tue Jun 9 12:12:27 PDT 1998

Nathan W. Jones said:

>Erik Wulfriksson write:
>
>>  Flour paste
>>
>> 1 cup flour
>> 1 cup cold water
>> 4-5 cups boiling water.
>
>[snip]
>
>> You can also add a few drops of clove oil to
>> discourage mildew and to act as a preservative.
>
>No, no, no!!  This is all wrong!
>
>Paste should taste like spearmint, or maybe wintergreen.
>
>Gio, lost in reverie....
>

>p.s.  Not that I was a paste-eater...no one saw me do it, it was never proven
>and I deny the malicious allegation.

I like spearmint too... unfortunately, so do mice. They aren't crazy
about cloves, tho...

BTW, the people who are thinking " Cooked flour paste won't hold
non-porous surfaces" are the same people who do their dishes every day.
But this southern bachelor is here to tell you that, if after enjoying
that midnight bowl of grits you were to leave the non-porous bowl and the
non-porous spoon sitting, oh I don't know.... say, at the foot of the bed
all night, then in the morning, you would have a wonderful example of the
Power of Paste.

Not that I've ever done that.

Seriously, the paste works on the same principle. Just don't soak that
horn and mahogany tiara box in Lemon Joy, and you're all set. (That was
not a pun, Mistress Aquilanne!!)

Regards,
-Erik Wulfriksson-