ANST - Not for the feint at heart (Was:It's been real sad)

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 10 23:14:28 PDT 1998

someone said:
>> I am tired of the puns and dead horse lines.  However, I find it
>> very sad that a discussion about A&S projects, such as brewing and
>> looms, is considered non-SCA and Ansteorra content.  I can't imagine
>> that this annoyed anyone.

I know I kicked in a post about subject lines. My concern is that something
gets posted, then replied to, then it started to veer off an a tangent,
then leaves known projectory entirely, all the while under the guise of the
original subject line. That's what annoys me. Still does. Most likely will
continue to as long as folks neglect to take 2 seconds to look at the
subject line and 2 more to type in a change if it no longer reflects the
content of the post.

truly bereft. I understand this less than I understand those few lost souls
who don't like chocolate. Why, puns are the very foundation upon which our
society(ies) stands! OK, so I can't think of a good analogy at this very
moment, but you just wait! I'll come up with something! ;->

then Daniel comments (just like a herald to comment, isn't it?):
>I have no beef against horse discussions, <snip> That is, the contents are
sometimes dilute or are (In My Humble Opinion) in an ugly bottle.<

Now that brings interesting images to mind, doesn't it? (OK, fine. So it
was only my mind doing it. I can deal with that. Deep breath, steady...)

>Daniel de Lincolia, forcene the livestock puns from Aquilanne

Make sure you're braced as I a-void responding directly to the challenge.

Daniel, I don't know if I like your attitude. I'm not sure if I should take
it as an affronty or not, but I suppose that could just be pendant on your
mood at any given time. I'm sure you think you raise a salient point, but
then again, assumptions frequently run rampant on this list, don't they? I
mean, what if things were reversed? Would I be stooping to statant things
without support?

But perhaps you're jessed old-fashioned. Not that I'm saying that
urinant-ique to be held in veneration. Perhaps you just didn't nowed what
to say, and kinda pizzled out on us.

heehee
Aquilanne
(Watch it--I have both A Dictionary of Heraldry *and* a Fox-Davies. It
could get downright gringoly [isn't that a cool word?] in here. <g>)