ANST - Nobility..

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Thu Jun 11 12:48:29 PDT 1998

Heilsa Phelim...

Kief here....in his guise as Baron to the Court of Ansteorra...

You wrote, then queried:

>  What are the criteria/qualities for becoming a Court Baron/ess?

1.  To me there are two ways to become a CB.
    First: Step down as a Territorial, criteria self-evident.

    Second: Usually given for especial service to the Kingdom, a series of
    Crowns, duty above and beyond the usual scope of "normal responsibilities".
    It Could be most anything. If the person already has the usual range of
    awards outside the peerages, then they can be recognized for their selfless
    dedication to the Kingdom and/or Society. An extraordinary achievement.
    Many years of service doing "small things" that amount to a great deal of
    good. Just being a person that the Crown feels deserving of the
    honor...after all, the Crown sets their own standards on who They feel is
    Noble. Sometimes given to worthy individuals or couples that have given of
    themselves and are moving to another Kingdom...

>  What should be the criteria/qualities for becoming a Court Baron/ess?

2.  See above...

>  These people are supposed to be Nobility, what makes up the Society's
>    definition of nobility?

3.  This one is kind of intangible... Although I know "it" when I see it...

>  Has there been a Landed Baron/ess of Ansteorra who did not recieve a
>    Court Barony when they stepped down?

4.  Unknown to me at this juncture. Although, I do not recall ever hearing of
    anyone in that particular subset.

>Ciao,
>
>Phelim "Pug" Gervase

Waes Thu Hael kinsman...

His Excellency Raven's Fort (ret.), the Knight, Arenvald Kief, OP, Lion of
Ansteorra......