ANST - re: Nobility

I. Marc Carlson LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu
Thu Jun 11 15:02:20 PDT 1998

  <"Pug Bainter" <pug at pug.net>>
  >Okay. No one really liked my previous questions so we'll try some
  >more. (The only responses were from someone who was a Landed Noble of
  >my own group. I know how my own Barony works!)

  I'm sorry, I missed your previous questions (having had my attention
  focused elsewhere).  If you were asking about how Baronies work, is
  it possible that rather than not liking your previous questions, people
  were just disinclined to be misconstrued, or to be accused of being
  "political"?  For example, were I to discuss the way I observe Northkeep
  works, then it is likely that I would express complete dissatisfaction,
  dissatisfaction with one thing or another, or complete satisfaction.
  All three answers *could* be construed as being "politically motivated"
  by those who were looking for such motivations.  Moreover, were I to
  discuss my opinions on how things *should* be, this could be taken not
  only as a statement that this is how things are done here (and they
  may not be), but also a criticism towards any Baron or Barony that
  did not function in that manner.  So, since *any* response might be
  taken as a political one, I suspect that some, if not many, people
  are keeping their mouths shut rather than a) be "political" or b)
  piss off someone who can make their lives unpleasant.  Therefore,
  silence can also be construed as a political statement, but that's
  neither here nor there :)

  Therefore, please allow me to respond to the questions I did get.

  >  What are the criteria/qualities for becoming a Court Baron/ess?

  I have no earthly idea.

  >  What should be the criteria/qualities for becoming a Court Baron/ess?

  I have no earthly idea.

  >  These people are supposed to be Nobility, what makes up the Society's
  >    definition of nobility?

  I have no opinion that I care to share at this time, since for me to do
  so would likely just piss people off.

  >  Has there been a Landed Baron/ess of Ansteorra who did not recieve a
  >    Court Barony when they stepped down?

  Something at the back of my mind says that yes, but that's probably wrong.

  Marc/Diarmaid O'Duinn
  lib_imc at centum.utulsa.edu