ANST - Nobility..

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Jun 11 15:03:04 PDT 1998

Lori Campbell said something that sounded like:
> I liked this set of questions, too.

I'm glad people do. We've done this on the majority of the Peerages (I
don't remember if we did Knights or not.) I figured I'd talk the odd
noble (some more so than others) rank before doing the other GoA level
awards.

> It would be so easy if there was actual, written criteria for
> becoming Court Nobility.

Well there is no actual writen criteria for most of the awards. There is
the scroll and possibly some vague thing written into Corpora, Kingdom
Law or the Herald's handbook.

> It is without a doubt the one award that each
> Crown sets their own criteria for

I think there are a few more to add to that though.

The Order of Lion of Ansteorra
Sable Falcon
Queen's Rapier
King's Gauntlet
Queen's Glove

I view all of these as very personal to the Crown who bestowed them.

> One thing that hasn't been said yet is that in our Kingdom, CB's
> convey a Grant of Arms, placing the recipient on the same precedence
> level as Irises, Stars, White Scarves, Centurions, and simple Grants
> of Rank.

Actually I thought it placed them *slightly* above them. At least
according to the "Guiding Hand", they are listed above them and not with
them.

This is similar to AoA, Thistle, Crane and Baronial awards. Although
the Thistle, Crane and Baronial awards "come with" an AoA, they have
higher precedence.

> An interesting point to note is that in many kingdoms, the Court
> Barony conveys no more rank than any AoA level award.

Are there any that it conveys no rank with?

Ciao,