ANST - re: Nobility

Laury Torrence J-LTorrence at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 11 18:17:50 PDT 1998

Diarmaid wrote something like:

> " is it possible that rather than not liking your previous questions, people
>   were just disinclined to be misconstrued, or to be accused of being
>   "political"?"

And followed with:
>   " So, since *any* response might be taken as a political one,
>    I suspect that some, if not many, people are keeping their mouths
>    shut rather than a) be "political" or b) piss off someone who can make
>     their lives unpleasant. "
>  >What are the criteria/qualities for becoming a Court Baron/ess?
>  >What should be the criteria/qualities for becoming a Court Baron/ess?
>
>   I have no earthly idea.
>
> >  These people are supposed to be Nobility, what makes up the Society's
> > definition of nobility?
>
>   I have no opinion that I care to share at this time, since for me to do
>   so would likely just piss people off.

WELL!!  That was an awful lot of opinion from someone who hasn't been
in those (Territorial or CB's) shoes!  Especially when one doesn't seem to
understand the thought provoking nature of the questions Pug has posed
to us.  But it sounds as though Diarmaid has been living in a political hot-bed
(either for too long, or is seriously masocistic) that may have chewed him up
and spit him out!!  I don't think silence is the necessarily the reaction most
"politicos" endorse.  Nay, they are usually the biggest mouths out there!!
I think it would be useful to everyone to read HRH Kat's commentary again.
She made intelligent, cohesive statements, that tend to reflect what most of
us (I firmly believe) feel about how it works out there in practice, if not in theory.
Off my soapbox once again!
Baroness Caterina