ANST - Nobility/peerages

Laury Torrence J-LTorrence at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 11 22:22:05 PDT 1998

Jeremy wrote:

>  Personally, I think that within the SCA, there should only
>  be a single peerage, divided into three orders.

Whew!  That would be interesting....I know it has been brought
up before, especially in the context of the White Scarves being
brought to the actual peerage level.  Wonder how that kite would
fly now?

>  I therefore think that fealty should be incumbent on us all.

I gotta problem with that....Although I love this game, there have
been those who have sat the thrones, to whom I would not be
bound to with an oath of fealty. And there have been those for
whom I would gladly perform the Herculean Tasks!   I would rather
have the option to stay silent than be forsworn.

> As for the Baronage, I have not really understood the rationale
> for not ranking the CB's just below the TB's and requiring the fealty of all.
>(Never mind what this would do to the length of a coronation court!)

Again, no argument here (except for the fealty part).

Baroness Caterina