ANST - Nobility/Heraldry

Laury Torrence J-LTorrence at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 12 10:25:44 PDT 1998

Ihon Vinson macFergus wrote something like:

> The scroll for an AoA reads,  . . . in recognition of diverse efforts to
> enrich our realm . . .
> There are some things which can make it more difficult for one to be
> "recognized."  Chief among those is non-continuous playing or playing on
> the fringe.  Thus, a person in the SCA may have been "around" for a long
> time and not receive any recognition, even though the totality of their
> efforts have "enriched the realm."

This is a legitimate problem, which Jeremy and I had to deal with when
we were newly installed as TB's.  There was a gentleman here, who
would come out and play hard, contribute bunches, have fun, then
dissapear for months sometimes years.  He began playing more consistently
so we were finally able to nail him with an AoA, but it was difficult to do!
That is one of the things we as TB's are supposed to do for the people of
our areas.  Make sure recognition is given where it's due!  Even if we have
to have the award charter re-done and signed by every Crown for over a
year! We WILL get you!
Baroness Caterina