ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Fri Jun 12 13:21:56 PDT 1998

Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:

 >First, as I mentioned before, not every recipient of a White Scarf is
Peerage  >material.

**MAJOR SARCASM ALERT PEPPERED WITH PERSONAL OPINIONS**

Well not ALL Members of the Chivalry, Laurel or Pelican are of "Peerage"
material. Just because one is well versed in his/her chosen field does
not "automatically" a peer make.  I am sure we can all think of one,
two, maybe even three or more peers who were elevated in their field
that were lacking in some peer qualities.  I know several White Scarves
who have what *I* would call Peer qualities, but are not elevated to a
peer rank because of Copora rules.  Is not a White Scarf as well versed
in his chosen field of combat as a Knight/MOA in his/hers?  Do White
Scarves not dance, bard, herald, serve, and other qualities which are
needed in order to become a Peer?

It is sad to say that I do not see the White Scarves being elevated to
peerage status anytime soon.  However I would like to see it done
sometime.

Moriel***