ANST - Baron/ess as Representative of the Crown

erland at ix.netcom.com erland at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 12 21:53:15 PDT 1998

Gunnora Hallakarva wrote about what Daniel de Lincolia said, and as
usual expressed herself eloquently!

Gotta agree with you Gunnora. Our Territorial Baron/ess are a VERY large
part of the Society we live. I've seen them 'sweat the details' to allow
us to enjoy the ceremony, the drama, the hilarity, and the beauty of
Courts conducted by the Crown. I've seen the same effort put into their
own Courts.

Some years back I was appalled when the Crown was stopped during the
revelry of his Coronation, but pleased by the way he politely listened
while an irate person complained that 'people in his Shire wouldn't let
him play'. TBs are generally available to listen and help resolve
problems like this ALL the time. Representatives of the Crown? You bet
they are. TBs worry about how their Baronies appear to the Crown and
Kingdom. At the same time they worry about how the Crown appears before
the Kingdom and Barony. In their spare time they keep themselves
entertained trying to make sure everyone the Barony is; having a good
time, getting plenty of opportunity to learn and grow, and getting
appropriate recognition. Add to this the sure and certain knowledge that
when they step down SOMEONE will get their feelings hurt no matter who
is selected to become the new TB. Nope. Not an easy task. TBs deserve
every courtesy from the rest of us.

Gunnora closed with...

> On the other hand, I'd love a Court Barony -- neat jewellry, you get
> supporters on your arms, you can choose to hold courts if you wish, but
> there are NO responsibilities attached!  Now that's the way to go!

		Seems I've heard this somewhere before....

		Erland