ANST - How to Get an AoA

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Sat Jun 13 08:11:25 PDT 1998

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 21:22:02 -0400 sabella <sabella at gte.net> writes:
>not to offend anyone but what's the big deal with an AoA?
>In the last 5 yrs of my playing the dream, I have seen
>snobbery rise to new levels,  and AoA's handed out as if they are made
>of
>precious metal available to only a few.....
>dunno, something seems wrong with this picture..

Snobbery knows no bounds anywhere, but I think the AoA, like any award
should be earned or it isnt worth anything.  I got my A0A in 1994 (4
years after getting in). As far as I am concerned, I earned that one for
the work I had done. It has been 4 years since then, do I deserve another
award? NOPE! I havent done anything spectacular since then. I do the TRF
demo's, I serve as Chamberlain (like Chatelain), I help around doing
stuff. Nothing extraordinary.  I dont try for awards. I have seen the
people who work hard to get awards, then soon as they get it, they quite
the work that got them the award.  I just do things I want to do, or that
need to be done, and I am happy.  If they gave the AoA for just being
here, everyone would have them, and they would be worthless.  Now I don't
think they should be stingy with them either. If someone really deserves
one, then by Jove they should get it.

Scott Waggoner
Mayne de la Croix --- The original MiB
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra