ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

Chris Zakes cjz at abmdata.com
Tue Jun 16 07:06:29 PDT 1998

----------
From: 	Timothy A. McDaniel[SMTP:giga!crl.com!tmcd]
Sent: 	Tuesday, June 16, 1998 6:25 AM
To: 	giga!abmdata.com!cjz
Subject: 	Re:  ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

Gunnora wrote:
> I think that if the Knighthood
Chivalry, please
> was to become open to those showing mastery of the rapier, that these folks
> would still be required to show mastery of chivalric combat as well.

Corpora sez: "(a) The candidate must be considered the equal of his or
her prospective peers with the basic weapons of tournament combat."

G&PD 5 has "Rapier combat, not having been part of formal tournament
combat in the Middle Ages, shall not be a part of formal tournament
lists for royal ranks and armigerous titles."

I think the combo means that a Corpora change would be necessary for
that.  Well, technically, G&PD are under more direct Board control,
but there'd still likely have to be a Board vote of some king (whether
it's called amending Corpora or changing G&PD).

G&PD #5 is actually intended to prevent rapier combat being used in Crown or Coronet tournaments.

As for the quote from Corpora, I suppose that depends on how you define "the basic weapons of tournament combat". *I* would interpret that as broadsword and shield, however.

	-Tivar Moondragon