ANST - Not period, but OHHH are these good![Fwd: FW: Cookie Recipe]

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Jun 16 13:16:05 PDT 1998

>You just gotta love this lady's solution to a big rip off.

Actually, I don't.

>this is a true story.

Actually, it isn't.  For a fine debunking, those with Web access can
go to http://www.snopes.com/spoons/faxlore/cookie.htm .  If you don't
have Web access and want to read up on it, please e-mail me and I'll
e-mail you an ASCII copy.

In summary, the story has been around for at least 50 years linked to
various confections and vendors.  The Neiman Marcus version is
especially improbable:

* Until quite recently there was no such thing as a "Neiman-Marcus"
  cookie. They developed a chocolate chip cookie in response to the
  myth.
* There is no "Neiman Marcus Cafe" at any of the chain's three
  Dallas-area stores. Instead, the restaurants are named Zodiac,
  Zodiac at North Park, and The Woods.
* Neiman Marcus does not sell recipes from its restaurants. The
  department store gives them away for free to anyone who asks.
* The store doesn't take VISA.

It's also slandering (or libelling) a company.

>and share it with EVERYONE... <gbgrin>

No... (gbsnarl).  If I never see "faxlore" / "e-mail mass bombings"
again it'll be too soon.  There are three mailing lists in the
original To: line.  Keep this kind of off-topic mass-mailing off these
lists!  In fact, if you get ANY mass e-mailing, PLEASE don't pass it on.

>Oh, yeah, the cookies are delicious, too.

By  common report, at least this *is* true.

--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.