ANST - Huscarls; Imperium...

Laury Torrence J-LTorrence at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 16 15:59:17 PDT 1998

> Ulf wrote:
> In Ansteorra, Thegn is an alternate title for Baron.

> Daniel de Lincolia wrote:
> I've never heard it being used.  Then again, I Don't Get Out Much.

Nor have I.  Most of the TB's (and most CB's) seem to utilize the
traditional Baron/ess.  In some instances I have seen Norse
alternatives, but the only "early period" type title I have ever
seen used by a TB was Sir Arthur of the Fen and Robin Murchada
when they were Baron/ess of Elfsea.  Those titles were Redeir and
Banredeir (spelling?).  At least that's what I've run-across here in
Ansteorra!

Baroness Caterina