ANST - awards & peasants & peers, oh my

Laury Torrence J-LTorrence at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 17 10:41:03 PDT 1998

Aquilanne wrote:
<snip>
> Also, if you have no aspirations to any awards or peerages, why the
> passionate opinions? Seems a little ungenerous to want others to not have
> things you supposedly don't care about.
> I guess I'm with Cory, too. I wonder who you are and what your SCA
> background is. Why do you play? Sounds to me like you've had some negative
> experiences, either with people of rank in the SCA or else perhaps with
> frustrated personal attempts at recognition either in the SCA or mundanely.
> Your post has a very "sour grapes" sound to it.

I suppose I'm with you and Cory on this too!  This sounds like someone who
either didn't get something they thought they deserved, or has had a bad
experience in the past.  Or the alternate possibility, all his *reasons* are a load
of fabrications.  The "I think in the hypothetical" statement probably says a lot
already.  Sometimes we need to check to see what color the sky is in their happy
little universe!    Even more interesting is the fact that we have heard
nary a peep from him since his initial posting, in spite of Cory's repeated request
for information.

Baroness Caterina