ANST - awards & peasants & peers, oh my

Athena mbaxter at flash.net
Wed Jun 17 19:00:28 PDT 1998

Since I am your basic C & E player, I don't know that I have much room to talk,
but here goes.

I don't not play any political games.  I suppose to some I have no ambition.  I
am happy with my humble persona that has  no AoA.  My husband brought me into
the SCA, and it has basically become our annual vacation.  I have met many
people in the past five or so years.  Some I could not stand, and some have
become my best friends.  I have found though, that sometimes it takes a few
tries to get to know a person.  If a person comes to my camp, they are welcome.
I shared a Friday night meal with Sir Pendarin at the last Lyonesse.  He was
camped near us and his Lady had not yet joined him.  I knew of his status from
seeing him and his lovely wife at past events.  His company was extremely
enjoyable, and I would not hesitate to see that he, along with his wife, join us
again.  There was no insulting talk, no gossip, just conversation.  I have met
other nobles and had similar experiences.  I guess it just depends on where you
play, and what you expect out of it.  I stay away from the pettiness you
describe since there are so many other great things going on.  Sometimes, you
just have to look for them.

Branwen ðe Bæcestre
Barony of Bjornsborg
Ansteorra