ANST - Simple Cider Recipe for anybody's experience and budget.

Robert Brown gorm at intplsrv.net
Thu Jun 18 00:36:27 PDT 1998

This is a very simple cider recipe that relies on the basics of
brewing/vinting.  Much thanks to m'lord Talysen in our stronghold that
showed me just how simple and non-technical this stuff could be.
   The recipe for the cider is as follows:
1      Gallon Apple Cider (juice)
2.5   Cinnamon Sticks
1      Pinch Yeast
1      Rubber Glove

Pour approx 1 cup of apple cider out of the jug it came in.  Put in
cinnamon, and yeast.  Place rubber glove over the neck and secure it
with a rubber band.  Place in a cool dark place until Rubber Glove
inflates and deflates once or twice, bottle, and age.
    This works on the basic fermenting premise  that if you take fruit
juice with sugar, add yeast, and supply an air lock(rubber glove) it
will ferment.  This is a very good start in brewing that does not
require a lot of money, results can be sampled in about a month, and
there is plenty of room to experiment.  The first time I tried this I
used Welch's white grape juice (sans cinnamon)  and it came out a very
dry white wine.