ANST - Make it better

Helen and Bennie Brown browns at mail.intplsrv.net
Thu Jun 18 11:49:25 PDT 1998

> Subject:       Re: ANST - awards & peasants & peers, oh my
> Date:          Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:08:05 -0500 (CDT)
> From:          "Pug Bainter" <pug at pug.net>

> I hope that you are able to get through this part of your growth within
> the Society and get to the part where you enjoy it for the things you
> do and not the things that others do wrong.
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase

YES YES YES, this is what I lamely was trying to say in my post about
the SCA is what you make of it.  I went through the same stage (if
you read my post closely, you'll find that line).  Every event I do
make it to, there is "someone" who is not happy with things the way
they are.  If they stick around a little longer, they usually find
their niche and get happier or at least learn to deal with what they
were unhappy about before.  Did I make myself clear?
I gripe too, when things aren't going my way, but I try to confine it
to "my" circle of friends (read close acquaintenances who realise I'm
just having a bad day).  If newcomers are around or people I don't
know very well, I "try" not to gripe.
But the best way to make it "better" is to pitch in and do it.  Talk
up the good things, do the good things, help with the good things and
it WILL BE BETTER FOR ALL OF US.  LIVE THE DREAM, don't just gripe
'cause somebody didn't do what you thought was right.
In Service to the Dream the best way I know how,

Helen Brown
HL Hellen Bales MacQueene
Stronghold of FalconRidge, Kingdom of Ansteorra
browns at intplsrv.net
Altus, Oklahoma