ANST - Collecting Mottos

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Thu Jun 18 22:02:49 PDT 1998

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:
> I think it would be interesting to put together a file containing the
> mottos of the varios peers and nobles

Ulf Gunnarsson (John Ruble), Stellar Scroll, jruble at urocor.com,
handles registrations of Achievements of Arms in Ansteorra.  Part of
the registered achievement is a motto.  He has a file of all the
registered achievements.

    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/2883/heraldry.html

should have info.

> I don't recall what rank one has to have in order to have a motto,

Well, of course, anyone can have a motto.  To *register* it and to get
Star Principal Herald to sign the pretty charter that has it on it,
you have to [rummage rummage rummage] be a peer.  (Nobility isn't
sufficient, but they get other pretties.)

Daniel "My object all sublime / I shall achieve in time" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address.