ANST - Mottos for 'wolf

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Fri Jun 19 00:43:55 PDT 1998

'wolf asked:
>what would one of my favorite sig lines be in latin ???
>	"when we hunt, we all function with one mind"
>	"lead, follow, or get out of the way"

The Latin would be:

>"when we hunt, we all function with one mind"
Quando Venantur Omnes Munus Implerimus Cum Una Menta.

>"lead, follow, or get out of the way"
Duc, Sequi, Aut Fuge!

GLOSSARY
quando (adverb) "when"
venor, venari, venatus sum (verb) "to hunt" - venantur (2nd person plural
present tense)
omnis, omne (adjective) "all"
munus implere (phrase) "to function"
cum (conjunction requiring ablative) "with"
unus, una, unum (adjective) "one"
mens, mentis (3rd declension feminine noun) "mind, intellect"
duco, ducere, duxi, ductum (3rd conjugation verb) "lead, conduct" - duc
(imperative singular form)
sequor, sequi, secutus sum (verb) "to follow, chase, pursue"
fugio, fugere, fugi, fugitum (3rd conjugation verb) "to flee, escape, run
away from leave"

cc: Stefan li Rous for his Florilegium Files
Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)