ANST - Collecting Mottos

John Ruble ulf at urocor.com
Fri Jun 19 06:25:29 PDT 1998

Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:
> Greetings, All
> I think it would be interesting to put together a file containing the
> mottos of the varios peers and nobles - perhaps on the Ansteorran
> Heraldry
> pages, or in Stefan li Rous's Florilegium files.
>
> I don't recall what rank one has to have in order to have a motto, but
> for
> myself and I'm sure others, it would be interesting and very
> insight-provoking to know what various Ansteorran worthies have
selected
> as
> their mottos.

As Stellar Scroll, that is what I do.  Please see my web page at
     http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/2883/heraldry.html
for a list of what has been registered. (Minus the last couple of
submissions, which I haven't published to the web yet... grumble,
grumble...)

In Ansteorra, mottoes and crests are reserved for Peers, while the
Nobility (CB and up) are allowed supporters and a coronet.  Grant level
awards and up get livery and a helm.  Offer void in some states.  Please
see other side of this email for additional rules.

A submission form exists, and is on that web page.  Print it out, fill in
the appropriate sections, and send it to me.  The College of Heralds will
review it, and if no heraldic rule violations or conflicts are found, it
will be registered.

Ulf
(I wonder how you say "Ja-Ja" in Latin?)