ANST - Bottles and Brewing

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Jun 19 19:32:33 PDT 1998

On 19 Jun 98, at 21:05, Pug Bainter wrote:

> Btw, I've found that if hot water (~140F) for 15 minutes doesn't get
> them, no amount of soaking will. Of course you have to peal the paper off
> after about 5-10 minutes so it can soak through to the glue.

those coarse green nylon scrubbers do wonders in stripping away the paper after the
initial soaking ... when looking for bottles, you're lucky if you have a guiness drinker or
three around, those labels soak off easilyleaving no residue, the bottles are re-capable,
and the brown glass protects the contents nicely.  always find a home for mine (when
i'm in a drinking phase .... unlike present)

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves