ANST - Re: Ex-Duke Angus-perceptions of SCA

Laury Torrence J-LTorrence at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 20 16:49:25 PDT 1998

Jeremy wrote:

> I just finished a week of training at the National Advocacy Center in South
> Carolina, and had a disturbing experience there.
> The members of my group were introducing themselves, and we were talking
> about our hobbies.  When I told the group that my hobby was the study of
> swordsmanship, our training instructor asked me if I was in the SCA.  He
> seemed uncomfortable with my affirmative response, so I let the matter
> drop.
> It turned out that he was the guy who prosecuted Angus and Haagar (sp?) for
> murder.  Suffice to say that the guy had a fairly negative view of the SCA,
> and I had to work extra hard this week.

Now that's eery......for some reason I was recalling the day I saw Angus' face on
Americas Most Wanted, and called you in to see.......
I'm sure those of us who ever met him were as freaked-out about it as I was.......
It's still all a bit strange and unreal..............................(shivers)

Baroness Caterina