Why Calontir doesn't Allow Rapier Fighting was Re: ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

Kerry & Tonda Pratt kpratt at cyberstation.net
Sun Jun 21 07:24:22 PDT 1998

>Basically, it's because the powers-that-be in Calontir, along with most of
>the people there, don't seem to want it. Part of their reasoning is that
>"Calontir is a Saxon kingdom" and rapier combat would therefore be
>inappropriate.

I truly don't know that much about the ongoing situation but I was just in
Calontir for Lillies War.  The sign that they had posted at the troll stated
that the use of live steel weapons for demonstrations or competitions was
illegal in the state of Missourri.  This was the justification that they are
presently using for not allowing rapier combat.  This may or may not just be
an excuse for keeping the weapons banned.

Cameron de Blakstan
Shire of Brad Leah, Ansteorra
mka Kerry Pratt