ANST - Re: Ex-Duke Angus-perceptions of SCA

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Sun Jun 21 11:44:01 PDT 1998

<< Later, while we were eating some of that yellow barbecue they make over
 there, I said, "I have to ask, how did you know to ask me about the SCA?"
 It turned out that he was the guy who prosecuted Angus and Haagar (sp?) for
 murder.  Suffice to say that the guy had a fairly negative view of the SCA,
 and I had to work extra hard this week.

 You just never know who you're gonna meet.

 				Jeremy

There's an important lesson here, folks.  Everything you do reflects on your
local group, your kingdom (and principality, if it applies) and the Society as
a whole, not to mention the whole mundane country and planet.  This is drilled
into me when I work for your friendly neighborhood mundane tax collector, and
it is true no matter where you go or what you do, you are representing some
person or entitiy, large or small, and that entity does not like the idea of
looking bad in the eyes of others, because it makes the job of looking good
that much harder on the rest of us.

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)