ANST - fashion & practicality ....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Sun Jun 21 11:46:51 PDT 1998

On 21 Jun 98, at 13:07, Laury Torrence wrote:

> Yeah.....and they still hang horse thieves, ...

as they should ... my family lost 30 head in one one night in '78 to horse thieves, only
recovered 16

> and it's illegal to wear your pants tucked inside your boots in certain areas
> of west Texas (supposedly it's because those poor sick souls who bugger
> sheep put the back legs in their boots so they couldn't get away as easily).

hmmm ... whoa! seems that a lot of SCA folk prefer to wear their pants inside their
boots, does that mean .... (g)

started wearing mine inside my boots back when i was running a open primary on my
bike (replace the drive chain between engine and clutch/tranny on a harly with a belt
drive, and leave off the primary cover) because the belt would chew up the cuffs or they
would snag on parts .... these days wear 17" engineer boots and have muscular calves
- just try to get denims pulled up that high to fit over the the tops .. not to mention
*hate* having the boot tops abraiding my calves ....

also, wearing your pants inside the boots give you convenient places to scabbard a
few more more blades - my 14" bladed seax or 11" bladed early dirk slip comfortably
between the pant's and boot tops ... making for convenient carry and easy / comfortble
draw (either drop to the hilts or raise leg w/hilt to hand).  also a good place to carry
your throwing knifes ...

speaking of such ... anyone ever play the old "how many blades are you carrying"
game? ... with points given for creative carry.  then there's the "steel shakedown"
before making a food / beer run ... seen some truely amazing piles of ordinance
divested

> ... considering the writing of a law presupposes a serious  problem

not necessarily ... often they are the result of fear, politics, mis-understanding, or
purposeful misinformation.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves