ANST - Calontir and Rapier Fighting

David Backlin dbackli at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 14:23:36 PDT 1998

>Basically, it's because the powers-that-be in Calontir, along with
most of
>the people there, don't seem to want it. Part of their reasoning is
that
>"Calontir is a Saxon kingdom" and rapier combat would therefore be
>inappropriate.

YES, this is what I have heard,too, Plus something about it being "not
period", or that it will "destroy the SCA" (depends who you ask and
which day of the week it is :)).

Oh, and it's NOT "most of the people", it's "many of the INFLUENTIAL
people"... I know people in several "border Shires/Baronies" who are
interested, but aren't allowed to discuss it (they just "make a run
for the border").