Why Calontir doesn't Allow Rapier Fighting was Re: ANST - White Scarves as <

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jun 21 19:57:02 PDT 1998

Raymond Catz wrote:

><snip>
>...... But I wouldn't rely on that baseball bat analogy
> if I were you.  The baseball bat is not defined in our statutes as a
> prohibited weapon, the club is.  For more on this check out my reply to Wolf.
>
>                                 Jeremy

Jeremy,

Just out of curiosity, how would something like the practise sword used
in kendo (bo-ken? is that it?) be treated under Texas law?  I am
speaking about the training weapon made from split cane/bamboo, bound
together with cord.  Would that be classed as a club, or some other type
of weapon, or as sporting equipment?  Seems if that counts as sporting
equipment, our rattan swords should be the same, and vice versa....

Galen K.

--
Galen W. or Rebecca Bevel
galenbv at ix.netcom.com