ANST - bokken variations ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Sun Jun 21 23:31:39 PDT 1998

On 22 Jun 98, at 0:56, Jan Downs wrote:

> ...   A bokken is made of solid wood and is quite capable of
> cracking a skull.

the standard bokken is quite a serious defensive weapon ... can be used as a sword,
cane, or nightstick in various defensive and control techniques

other material variations are available - different woods (the hickory are nice) ... solid
"diamondwood" (hardwood that has had a resin impregnated throughout the wood
under extreme pressure) ultra hard & dense ... or a combination of normal wood sides
with a diamond wood core (much like the japanes blades ... combinations of differing
steels for their differing properties) ...

also worth noting that they come in various "katana", "wakisashi", and
"tanto" lengths  ... and for the pole arm types, there's also a "naginata" variant
available

a great workout partner .... especially if into early morning kata practice

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves