ANST - Baronies and armigerous'ness...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Jun 22 06:43:48 PDT 1998

Good Morning,

  Just a little tidbit from Corpora:

----
  B. OTHER AWARDS

  1. Barons and Baronesses. The titles of Baron or Baroness, whether
     territorial or of the court, shall carry at least an Award of Arms
     if the recipient is not already armigerous.
----

  You do see that there is an out in there for Kingdoms. *If* the person
  already has and AoA or higher, a Baronial title doesn't need to have
  anything associated with it. (Of course if they have tradition in
  their Kingdom, they can't go against in all likelihood.)

  I'm glad our Kingdom gives it a Grant of Arms.

  Another tidbit from Corpora:

----
  B. OTHER AWARDS

  4. Authority. Only royalty and territorial Barons and Baronesses may
     bestow awards. If an award is established for a specific branch,
     only the royalty or Baron/ess of that branch may bestow the award,
     unless the power is specifically delegated in a manner consistent
     with Corpora and kingdom law and custom.
----

  I read this to mean that Court Baronies can not give out awards at
  events for the Crown. This is a "bad thing" if that is the case.

Ciao,