Why Calontir doesn't Allow Rapier Fighting was Re: ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

donato at mail.stlnet.com donato at mail.stlnet.com
Mon Jun 22 07:39:01 PDT 1998

At 03:24 AM 6/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Perhaps you could tell us, then, ending the mounds of speculation.  Why doesn't
>your kingdom and office allow and support rapier fighting?
>
>Gorm  -  Don't make us bring the comfy chair to this inquisition.

I have several theories on why the majority of the Calontir populace does
not want to allow fencing.  As for my office, I have always made it a point
not to change policies without the support of the majority of warranted
marshals, and quite frankly no Calontir citizen has approached me as EM on
the subject in my tenure.

With regards to my theories, that is all that they are and I would rather
avoid having to defend my speculations and then to also defend the reasons,
some of which are good and well considered and some of which are quite
petty.  If you read the Calontir list, the fencing discussion will
undoubtedly be rehashed soon as it usually is about every six to nine months.

Donato el Lobo